SOD is an average of $1.30 ( including tax ) per square foot at Home Depot and Lowe’s (as of (2/1/2022) not including installation costs of $1.00 to $1.50 per square foot for labor. That’s $3.00 +/- ,per square foot for SOD!
SOD – A 2000 square foot lawn can cost easily $5000 to $6000.
Compare to Hydroseeding!!!
A better way to install Residential and Commercial lawns
$595.00 minimum charge ( covers up to 2000 sq. ft)
After the first ($595.00) 2000 sq. ft. –
2001+ sq ft. ADD .25 cents per sq. ft. up to 5000 sq. ft.
5001+ sq. ft. ADD .20 cents per sq. ft. up to 10,000 sq. ft.
10,001+ sq. ft. ADD .15 cents per sq. ft. up to 15,000 sq. ft.
15,001+ sq. ft. ADD .10 cents per sq. ft. up to acre rates
Call for acre rates
How to care for your newly Hydroseed Lawn:
The guidelines listed are only recommendations. Every job is different and conditions vary. The customer is responsible for the proper care of their newly HydroSeeded lawn / project.
Recommended Watering :
Small Spray heads – 3 to 5 minutes per cycle / 3 to 5 times per day . (depends on the weather)
Large Spray heads – 5 to 7 minutes per cycle / 3 to 5 times per day. (depends on the weather)
- Water only enough to keep damp to the touch. Never let dry out and never water too much. No pooling or standing water.
- Never water at night. It will encourage fungus and mold
- No foot traffic until ready to mow.
- Turn off water 1 or 2 days prior to mowing so no rutting damage will take place.
- Apply fungicide within 10 days application and every 7 to 10 days after for the first 4 to 6 weeks. ( Hot weather season)
- Fertilize the lawn with a NON- WEED and FEED when grass is 1” high.
- Mow when grass is 4” or approximately 3 weeks or so.
- Mow with very sharp blades. Cut the grass, don’t tear it.
- No weed control products until AFTER the third mowing.
Why is Hydroseeding different?
Germination – Putting the seed, fertilizer, and mulch into the slurry solution means the seed will be
encapsulated within the water-retaining mulch as it is applied. Since seed requires moisture and warmth to germinate,
the process gives the seed a “JUMP START” in the growth cycle. Usually the seed germinates in 3 to 5 days. PRE-GERMINATION can be done overnight!!!
Chemistry– The fertilizer placed in the slurry solution, quickly adjusts the exisiting
soil chemisrty to provide for sturdy grass plant growth. Your new seedlings sink their
roots into a chemically balanced soil, thereby enjoying a growing stimulus when needed the most.
Moisture Control- The fiber mulch retains water longer than straw and many other mulches;
Acts as a soil stabilizer to retard water and wind erosion; reduces surface evaporation from the soil;
and provides an outstanding germination zone as it traps moisture around the seed as well as wicks the moisture to the seed.
This is crucial when the grass roots are forming.
Value– The carefullly proportioned materials mixed throughly in a homogeneous slurry provide an ideal medium for;
* fast efficient application
* quicker germination
* higher percentage of germination
* uniform coverage
* rapid plant growth
* plush lawn
Eventually, the mulch becomes humus added to the soil. The end result… a lush,
long lasting lawn at a most reasonable cost without the negatives of dry seeding with seperate applications of fertilizer, seed and straw.